Welcome to grade three at CHSMES! I am excited to be starting yet another fun filled year. Each week, I will be sending out a letter to parents in your child’s homework book. Please be sure to check their backpacks every Monday for any newsletters. Today I am sending home our monthly plan for September. This plan will help to keep you in the loop about what is being taught and what we as a class are trying to accomplish by the end of the month. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
1. School starts at 8:15am – Please ensure that your child arrives on time as we will be starting Literacy class then. As per school policy, 3 late arrivals will equal 1 missed day, and will affect the perfect attendance award at the end of the year.
2. Homework: is due on Friday mornings. Any missing homework will result in students catching up during recess. If your child is having trouble with the work please send me a note and return the book early so I can help them during class time. Nightly reading is also part of homework as well. NO HOMEWORK THIS WEEK.
3. Friday Review Tests: Every Friday morning students will do a review test based on the work that they have completed that week. This will include spelling words, math, sentences, and any social studies or science. Results will be sent home the following Monday in their homework books.
4. Monthly Plans: You will receive a monthly plan with new goals, the first week of each month.
5. Website: Please check our school website often to keep up on school notices. www.chsmes.ca
Mrs. Broad (formerly Ms. Gardner)
We splished and splashed. We had an amaizing time swimming today!!! Grade 3 says, "Thank's Mr. B!"
Students in Grade 3 each chose a province or territory to do an in depth research report on. These are just some of the students and thier amaizing work. With their research and writing skills, I would say that they are all ready for Grade 4! Excellent work everyone.
3pm – 3:30 – Mya - Chrissy
3:30 – 4:00pm- Marissa - Robyn
4:00 - 4:30pm – Chelsey – Jackie
5pm - 5:30 - Dreden – Eris / Eddie – Tawnya and Edward
5:30 – 6:00pm – Helen – Charlotte and Jason
6:00 – 6:30 - Burton – Michelle and Walter
6:30 – 7:00pm - Ondrey – Jeannie and Billy
9am – 9:30 - Liberty - Brandi
9:30 – 10:00am -
10am – 10:30 -
10:30– 11:00am -
11am – 11:30 - Connor - Claudine
11:30 – 12:00pm - Brookie – Tony and Gail
Monday – April 14th, 2014
11:30am – 12pm – Emma – Christa
2:00 – 2:30 – Emma - Lee
Way to go!
Monsters for our writing peices!